Thursday, May 3, 2007

Book Hunting #2

I had a meeting at Fully Booked yesterday. After the meeting, I discovered that they had a sale going on. They had a table of books in the middle of the store at ridiculously low prices. All the Star Trek books on sale were arranged in a row, and most of titles were those that I did not have yet. When the people I just had a meeting with saw the look on my face, one said "Get him a shopping basket. No, make that two", another said "Call an ambulance", and yet another said "Breath, Pao, breath." So I ended up with 31 new books and will be going back for more tomorrow. The titles I got are:
  1. (Star Trek: The Original Series, No. 44) Vulcan's Glory
  2. (Star Trek: The Original Series, No. 48) Rules of Engagement
  3. (Star Trek: The Original Series, No. 73) Recovery
  4. (Star Trek: The Original Series, No. 85) My Brother's Keeper, Book 1 of 3 - Republic
  5. (Star Trek: The Original Series, No. 86) My Brother's Keeper, Book 2 of 3 - Constitution
  6. (Star Trek: The Original Series) Vanguard, No. 2 - Summon the Thunder
  7. (Star Trek: The Original Series) Constellations
  8. (Star Trek: The Original Series) Burning Dreams
  9. (Star Trek: The Original Series) Crucible: McCoy - Provenance of Shadows
  10. (Star Trek: the Original Series) Federation
  11. (Star Trek: The Original Series) Vulcan's Forge
  12. (Star Trek: the Original Series) Worlds in Collision
  13. (Star Trek: The Lost Era, No. 2) 2311 - Serpents Among the Ruins
  14. (Star Trek: S.C.E., No. 5) Foundations
  15. (Star Trek: The Next Generation, No. 29) Sins of Commission
  16. (Star Trek: The Next Generation, No. 41) The Soldiers of Fear (Invasion, Book 2)
  17. (Star Trek: The Next Generation, No. 43) A Fury Scorned
  18. (Star Trek The Next Generation) The Genesis Wave Book 2
  19. (Star Trek: The Next Generation) Imzadi Forever
  20. (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, No. 10) Valhalla
  21. (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, No. 14) The Long Night
  22. (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, No. 17) The Heart of the Warrior
  23. (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) Warped
  24. (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) The Left Hand of Destiny, Book 2
  25. (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) Millennium Omnibus
  26. (Star Trek: All) The Amazing Stories
  27. (Star Trek: All) The Definitive Star Trek Trivia Book
  28. (Star Trek: All) Strange New Worlds I
  29. (Star Trek: All) Strange New Worlds III
  30. (Star Trek: All) Strange New Worlds VI
  31. (Star Trek: All) Strange New Worlds VII
I also got a book at Booksale prior to my fateful visit to Fully Booked:
  1. (Star Trek: The Original Series, No. 37) Bloodthirst
All in all, I think that was a book hunt I will have a hard time surpassing in terms of volume.

Total Price: P1,885.00

No comments: